Your recycling day is every Monday. To better serve you, the recycling program has expanded to include more items:
What Materials Can Be Recycled?
- Newspaper, Junk Mail, Shopping Ads, Windowed Envelopes, Magazines
- Office and Computer Paper - All Colors
- Phone Books, Greeting Cards and Brown Paper Bags
- Fiberboard (Cereal, Cracker, Frozen Food and Soda Boxes)
- Must be broken down and placed in your blue, paper recycle bin.
- Remember, they must be loose fitting in the bin and they may not extend over the top of the bin more than six inches.
- For large amounts of cardboard, please use drop-off sites located at the following location:
- Blackstone Park, 14th Ave West in Palmetto
Please do not place cans, bottles, or plastic in the paper bin.
Please make sure all items are rinsed out properly. No plastic bags or styrofoam accepted
- Glass Bottles and Jars: All colors of glass accepted
- Aluminum and Steel Cans (Soup and Vegetable)
- Steel Jar Lids
- Clean Aluminum Foil and Pie Pans (non-food stained)
- Empty Aerosol Cans
- Milk and Juice Cartons
- Plastics# 1-7
- This is any plastic container with a numbered triangle on the container.
in recycle bins
The City of Palmetto encourages all residents to participate in our recycling programs.
Scheduled pick-up times can be found on the website at Solid Waste