Jimmy Strickland CBO
Certified Permit Technician
601 17th St. W.
Main Line: (941) 721-2166
24 HR Inspection Line: (941) 721-2534
Fax: (941) 723-4539
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Monday - Friday
The functions of the Building Department are to:
- Protect the general health, safety, and welfare of the public
- Enhance the quality of life for residents
- Administer and enforce the City's codes
- Eliminate unsafe buildings
As part of the enforcement process, major permits are issued for:
- Mechanical (heating, cooling, refrigeration)
A permit is also required to erect a fence and for other minor construction projects such as storage sheds.
If you are not sure whether or not a permit is required, call the Building Department at (941) 721-2166 before you proceed with your improvement.
Please click on the link below to visit the accessmygov.com web address. Here you can:
• Apply for a Building Permit
• Check results and/or schedule Building Inspections
• Search any City of Palmetto address to view the Building Permits