Apply TO BE A POLICE OFFICER
Minimum hiring requirements:
- Be at least 19 years of age.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Have earned a high school graduate or equivalent (GED).
- Not have been convicted of any felony or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or false statement.
- Any person who, after July 1, 1981, pleads guilty or nolo contendere to, or is found guilty of a felony, or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or a false statement, shall not be eligible for employment or appointment as an officer, not-withstanding suspension of sentence or withholding of adjudication.
- Never have received a dishonorable discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States.
- Have good moral character.
- Successfully completed the Florida Basic Recruit Training Program for the respective discipline or equivalency for out of state officers.
- Achieved a passing score on the State Officer Certification Examination.
- Have been fingerprinted by this agency with prints processed by the FDLE and the FBI.
- Successfully passed a background investigation, to include drug testing.
- Have passed a physical examination by a licensed physician.
- Completed a CJSTC-68 Affidavit of Applicant Form
- (If already a certified officer) Complied with mandatory retraining or educational requirements.
*The application linked below is a fillable PDF so you can fill it out and print it or you can print and fill the application by hand.
For other non-sworn job openings at the Palmetto Police Department (e.g. Dispatch, Records, etc...), click the link below titled "Police Jobs" which will take you to the main City of Palmetto's open job listing.